Thank you for your prayers and donation toward the purchase of a ministry property. We received a number of generous contributions but fell short of the amount needed to make an offer on the property we had envisioned. A few weeks ago, we learned, that the property was sold.
Although this was a little disappointing to us, we are content in the knowledge that the Lord will have another opportunity for us. We are not giving up! We trust that an even more fitting property solution is going to open up. All donated monies remain set aside for this purpose.
Please continue to remember this need in your prayer for us, so we will find the right real estate which will allow us to house students and staff. If you would like to contribute to our Ministry House Fund, you can mail checks to our address below or will find other options there.
To accomplish what we are called to do, we are in need of facilities to house students and staff. The property should have a good size kitchen and rooms for meetings and learning.
We had identified a property that met all those conditions. It also allowed for future expansion. For more details on the previously considered property click here. Unfortunately, the property was sold in April 2009, before we had the needed finances for purchase available.
Although there are not too many options that meet our criteria available in the Kamiah community, another property has come up for sale that might provide basic initial space and room to expand. (Realtor Web Site) [Third listing from the top] This property features:
- 2 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom Rancher (1552 sq. feet, built 1963)
- 2 car detached garage, which can be turned into bunk-style housing
- A work shop, (16′ x 22′)
- 3 blocks from schools but just outside Kamiah city limits in Idaho County. (No zoning restrictions!)
- 9.75 acres, allowing us to add a community building with a commercial kitchen and office suite
- The property is also just across from where several Nez Perce families live
We believe the currently listed price can be negotiated down. At this time, we have funds for a down payment and we are in the process of praying for more funds by generous donors, small and large and/or 15 year no-or low interest private loans from individual sponsors.
In order to grow, we also plan to add a larger meeting facility with a commercially equipped kitchen, to host training and conference events. We envision to add a simple, functional and architecturally pleasing facility.We would like to invite to pray with us for this project and to prayerfully consider if you could be part of the answer to raise the needed financial support or to be an advocate for our ministry with other friends, associates, or churches.
- Mailing checks or money orders to YWAM Idaho, Inc., Native Ministries, PO Box 1391, Kamiah, ID 83536-1391
- By Direct Deposit (please contact us for detailed information)
- Credit Card contributions can also be made using PayPal, by clicking: Send Money to email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note that a PayPal account is required).
Youth With A Mission Idaho, Inc. is registered and in good standing with the State of Idaho and has 501 (c) 3 Non-profit status with the Internal Revenue Service. (Federal ID #: 82-0408415) Contributions are tax-deductible.
If you have questions or would like to be involved, please contact us.