One practical way of helping us remember things that need to be done is to simply write them down as a list. Be it grocery items that need to be bought or a reminder to turn off the coffee maker before leaving the house, a “To Do” List can prove to be invaluable. Kids, Homemakers, and Managers use them everyday!
Personally, I find it most amazing of God our Creator and Redeemer to be so practical and to provide us with “To Do” Lists, enabling us, His people to remember what is important and required of us. How about this one, straight from God’s Word: (Check it out in Romans 12:9-21*)
1. Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it.
2. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good.
3. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.
4. Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant.
5. Don’t quit in hard times; pray all the harder.
6. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.
7. Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath.
8. Laugh with your happy friends when they’re happy; share tears when they’re down.
9. Get along with each other; don’t be stuck-up.
10. Make friends with nobodies; don’t be the great somebody.
11. Don’t hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you’ve got it in you, get along with everybody.
12. Don’t insist on getting even; that’s not for you to do. (“I’ll do the judging,” says God. “I’ll take care of it.”)
13. If you see your enemy hungry, go buy that person lunch, or if he’s thirsty, get him a drink. (Your generosity will surprise him with goodness.)
14. Don’t let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good.
To live by God’s “To Do” List will not only give us a sense of fulfillment and accomplishment, it is also proof that we truly love God! Jesus said: “If you love me, you will keep my commandments”!
*)Peterson, Eugene. The Message. Colorado Springs, CO: Navpress, 1993
© 1996 Volkhard Graf, YWAM Native Ministries
(Permission to reproduce this material is automatically granted on the condition it will be used for non-commercial purposes, will not be sold, and will be distributed for the sole purpose of expanding the Gospel.)